What measures will be taken to reduce risk on the Bobcat Shuttle?
Please review the Shuttle Rider Code, which includes:
- Passengers should not ride if they have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, or if experiencing any symptoms.
- When the bus has 20 passengers, digital signs on the front of the bus will advise that the bus is full. Passengers must wait for another bus and should plan for delays by leaving early and allowing extra time to accommodate the additional safety measures.
- Passengers should maintain social distancing at the bus stop.
- Face coverings are required when waiting for the bus, boarding the bus, while on the bus and as you exit the bus.
- Passengers must enter and exit through the rear doors only. Please allow passengers to exit the bus before boarding.
- Seats on buses have been tagged as unavailable leaving empty seats between you and other passengers. All passengers must remain seated.
- The bus will not depart the stop if passengers are not wearing face coverings.
- The bus will not depart the stop if there are more than 20 riders.
The Bobcat Shuttle asks that all riders respect the processes necessary to share in the responsibility of making the shuttle riding experience as safe as possible.
- Reduced passenger capacity on the Bobcat Shuttle means that riders may need to wait from the next shuttles.
- Passenger should plan for delays by leaving early and allowing extra time to accommodate the additional safety measures.
In addition to riding the Bobcat Shuttle, we encourage you to evaluate all transportation options including, CARTS, personal vehicles, bikes, scooters, or other alternative transportation.
- Passengers must enter and exit through the rear doors only.
- Front doors will only be used for passengers that need assistance in boarding.
- A temporary barrier separates the passenger area and the driver area.
- Windows will be open to allow for extra ventilation. The A/C will still be running on high, however this may increase the temperature on board the buses.
- Hang-straps have been removed or restricted.
- Every other seat has been restricted.
The Bobcat Shuttle is committed to an even greater emphasis on disinfecting high-touch surfaces during cleaning.
- During breaks in service, the driver will wipe down high contact areas of the bus.
- Buses will be cleaned with EPA approved cleaning materials nightly.
- Buses will be treated weekly with electrostatic sprayers using materials approved by the EPA.
- The bus will be immediately taken out of service and returned the Transdev facility. A new bus will be dispatched to replace it.
- All windows will be opened, and the bus will sit undisturbed for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Using a proscribed and approved disinfectant, the vehicle will be wet mopped and wiped down by an employee who will be provided with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The A/C Air filter will be removed and replaced by a new filter.
- The vehicle will be disinfected using an electrostatic sprayer.
- All PPE will be disposed of properly.