Shuttle Rider Code
Safety Enhancements and New Rules
The Bobcat Shuttle is committed to providing quality service to the Texas State community, and in cooperation with our riders, we look forward to a safe summer operation. Please Know and Show Respect by sharing in the responsibility of making the shuttle riding experience as safe as possible.
Federal regulations* require customers to wear face masks while on public transit vehicles. The Bobcat Shuttle system is recognized by the Federal Transit Administration as a public transit system. Face masks are required on University buses until January 18, 2022 or until further notified.
*TSA Security Directive 1582/84-21-01B
- Do not ride if you have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, or if you are experiencing any similar symptoms.
- Daily self-assessment is a critical step every Bobcat must take to keep our community safe.
Face coverings are federally required. Wear your face covering when you wait for the bus, as you board the bus, the whole time you are on the bus, and as you exit the bus.
Make sure your mask or face covering completely and comfortably covers the bridge of the nose, covers your mouth, fits snugly under your chin, and against the sides of your face.
Do not remove your mask to eat or drink.
The bus will not depart the stop if passengers are not wearing face coverings.
At the Bus Stop
Please form an orderly queue and maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet, when possible.
- Leave all windows open within the bus to allow for proper ventilation
- Carry and utilize personal hand sanitizer/antibacterial products
- Cover coughs or sneezes (into a tissue, or your sleeve or elbow, not hands)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Dispose of trash in proper receptacles
- Keep your feet on the floor, not the seats
- Remember to check for all your items before you exit the bus.
- For health and safety reasons, food and drink containers (including reusable containers) will not be kept or turned into the lost and found.
At Your Destination
Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
Please dispose of all trash including masks, gloves, and wipes in proper receptacles.
Other Transportation Options
In addition to riding the Bobcat Shuttle, we encourage you to evaluate all transportation options including, CARTS, personal vehicles, bikes, scooters, or other alternative transportation.