What is R.ID.E?
It's a free and easy way to protect your bicycle.
- your bike with Transportation Services:
- on-line with our registration form
- at Transportation Services in 228 Commons Hall
- at the Bike Cave located at 100 Colorado
- at special events on the Quad (i.e., Bike to School Day)
- Registered bikes are more likely to be recovered if stolen, and returned if lost or abandoned.
- the serial numbers of your bicycle write it down in a safe, accessible place.
- your bicycle specifically and in detail. Do you have a specific types of parts? Are there scratches, chipped paint, etc.?
- a safe, well-lit, high-traffic area to secure your bicycle.
- any suspicious activity or persons in or around the bicycle racks. Do not approach a person who may be attempting to steal a bike; call UPD at 512.245.8336
- yourself on the laws of the road for bicycles.
- yourself on how to secure your bicycle properly.
- yourself on the basic mechanics of your bicycle.
- yourself on safe routes around the city and campus.
- yourself on basic bicycle safety.